Monday, August 13, 2007

Erasure Star Snaps At Scissor Sisters



Erasure frontman Andy Bell owned up to feeling 'slight envy' at Scissor Sisters frontman Jake Shears this week and cattily predicted the massively popular New Yorker will sooner or later experience a backlash. "I recorded one song with him, and we were on the subway afterwards and his phone rang. I asked who it was and he said, "Elton", Andy told the Guardian. "He's got a hotline to Elton John, and I thought, "How sweet," because you can see the naivety. At the moment he's feeling like everybody is his best friend, and it's not really like that." The always outspoken performer also spoke candidly about his HIV status again suggesting he'd become infected through his own self-destructiveness echoing revelations he shared with Skrufff two years ago about discovering his impulses through rebirthing experiences. "I understood that I'd always wanted to belong in groups; I wanted be a gay man, I wanted to be a drug addict and I wanted to be HIV positive," he confessed, "I became all of those things, though I finally decided that what mattered was me- I finally learned how to be myself."
via Skrufff-E

No comments: